You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, June 12, 2010

54mm Waiteri tribe: Hunters greens


Here are my hunters, those who, when the mammoth is within reach, will go in close for the final spear thrusts after a weeks-long stalking of the heard.

The naked fellow in the center will get a paint job to denote him as a fanatic. Like the shaman, it will be black paint. The firemaker and chief may also get a little bit of body paint, but I think I'll leave the rest of the hunters plain.

My weapon selection is not as diverse as I would have wanted, but there are enough. Here there are only heavy and light spears, but my chief will be armed with a stone axe (actually an adze), and his queen is armed with a bow. I made an atlatl that I love, but none of the figures I picked up this time around have a good throwing pose. Bronze Age does have a female in a throwing position, and I think I will pick her up later, so that someone in the tribe will be using my favorite prehistoric weapon.

I have three figures left to convert: My firemaker, who needs a bone lantern (like the one seen in the movie "Quest for Fire"; my chief who, at this point, only has leggings and his adze; and the queen (one of the first figures I did for the tribe) who still needs flights for her quiver of arrows. I may leave the queen's arrows flightless such as some African and tropical tribes do.

No comments:

Post a Comment