You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, November 13, 2010

Art interlude: Sketching at Borders bookstore

I've been away from the minis for a few days; I needed to get out with my sketchbook and gets some practice. Here are a few pictures I sketched at my local Borders bookstore cafe. I'm trying to build up some portrait skills, both to help with my political cartooning and to give myself another asset I can sell fro some side cash. For fellow artist: I used a Parker Jotter ballpoint pen, Shaeffer fountain pen, brush and brown ink on paper. I think this will be my favored non-watercolor art field kit from now on.



1 comment:

  1. Really great sketches..! I like to draw my self, but I suck at portraits... It´s very hard to make the picture look like the model person :( Good colors too!

    ReplyDelete