You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, May 6, 2012

Upcoming: (More post apoc stuff)

Just wanted to update you all on a couple projects I have coming up.
I'm ordering a couple more 54mm generic figures from Bronze Age Miniatures. One will have the armor shown in the drawing here.
I will for sure give him the extra-tall galerus (shoulder armor), along with the armored sleeve ending with the pata-like dagger. I'm still not sure on the helmet (though, I'm not against the little "half-shell" he's wearing in the picture.) If I don't keep the half-shell, I may go for something a little more Brom in style, whatever that may be.

I'm also thinking about losing the loin cloth and having this guy go "Greek," (fighting naked) to emphasize his role as a "light" gladiator/apocalator. Lastly, I think I may paint up his body in a Waiteri scheme. (I may simply incorporate my Waiteri tribe into my post-apoc setting.)

I've actually began my other project. I purchased this little fellow (shown below) from Fantasy Flight Games. He's one of their prepainted miniatures (God of the Bloody Tongue) for Arkham Horror. I intend to use him as a mutant apocalator (playing Red Sand, Black Moon.) I wasn't keen on the tongue, and I've already cut it out, and hollowed out the mouth. He's still a magnificently nasty looking beast.

For colors, I plan on doing him up in regular "human" colors, though with a green head (to remind folks of the "radioactive" aspect of the monster.) I'll just need to give him a name; I think I'll just have the citizenry of my little world (Septimontium) call his kind the Froggies (due to their green heads.)

Last note on my froggy: The plastic felt a little less "soft" than the other figures, so I tried a light layer of spray primer- and it worked- no tackiness that usually comes with priming soft-plastic figures! I'm just waiting for the primer to dry before I paint this big fella (the figure next to him is 54mm.)
By the way, the paint job he came with isn't half bad. I actually thought about not repainting him ... but just for a second.


No comments:

Post a Comment