You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, March 17, 2013

Machinas: Seven Hills Circus wip


Nope, sorry, not a circus; the Seven Hills Circus is just the name I've given my latest faction, which is still in progress. Here are the first two cars.

The blue car is my Ford "Firelane," complete with a large flamethrower and appropriate paint job.

The other car is my ram car (not named yet.) A simple car needs a simple paint job; I love how the gray/red turned out.

I have a pickup and my Chrysler 300 gunship yet to paint and add to the Circus team. I also have the other 6 cars in the mail (+1 more I picked up today ... sigh, maybe I have a problem... Nope.)

And yes, that's an exposed gasoline tank for the flamethrower. Why? Why not.

5 comments:

  1. Loving the rust. Looking forward to seeing the track/road sections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so busy doing cars, I forgot to think about doing a road section. In Machinas, you only need one section of road to play on. A sort of "turn" marker keeps track of what "type" of road section the pack is currently racing on.

      Still, I was thinking of building both a toll gate for one end of the section, and some sort of inside wall for along the side of the track.

      Delete
  2. Very nice, you should do a tut on how you make the cars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just search "Machinas" on my blog. There are a lot of in-progress shots.
      Also, when the game gets released, there'll be a conversion/painting guide, too.

      Delete
  3. Nice flame detail on the Firelane.

    ReplyDelete